Sunday, November 11, 2012

Feeling inspired...

Last weekend I had the great pleasure of attending my first Fancy Flea, a twice a year vintage market in Lakeland, FL.  I was simply overwhelmed with all the beautiful booths!  The vendors were amazing, creative...I have never felt more in my element.  I should have taken more pictures, talked to more people but I was walking around like a child in a toy store.  It was so wonderful to see names and faces I knew from Facebook like Debi Coules and Paris Rags.  I am hoping to attend the Spring Fancy Flea as a vendor, next year (fingers crossed!)
The greatest thing about the Fancy Flea was how much it inspired me.  Granted, I am inspired everyday by my friends blogs and the beautiful pictures people share but seeing it in person, is a real treat.  Being able to touch and feel pillows and linens, admire the paint on a bench or chair...it really plays to the senses and my love of junking.  Nothing beats the joy of the hunt.  You never regret those things you find, only those you pass up (I should have bought those nesting Florentine tables *sigh*)
I've been busy working on getting my home in order for the holidays.  I have so many different projects I am working on and can't wait to share.  This is my favorite time of the year.  Over the next couple of weeks I hope to post more pictures.  I am still getting the hang of balancing blogging, projects and housework.  Hats off to those of you who make it look so seamless and easy!
Thanks again for stopping by and sharing!  Hope you have a wonderful, inspired week!
x Drena
Morning
Afternoon
My favorite windows
Last wildflowers for the season
My key keychain (think I will add some ribbon)
From a project that I shared on Facebook, gift boxes made from toilet paper rolls. Super easy and so lovely!
The Fancy Flea...heaven!
A little corner of our living room
Moxie loves the crates with fabric liners!
Thinking pink for Christmas
Feeling the love for pale greens and blues
$5 breadbox on the shelves that hide our shoes. I love the tin drawers!
Treasures!
Mismatched and cozy dining

No comments:

Post a Comment