Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New York Inspiration

I recently had the treat of sneaking away, with a dear friend, to New York City for the weekend.  Enjoyed lots of delicious food and drink and tried to fit in visits to some of my favorite spots.  Needless to say, my Shabby Chic TOMS got a good work out, running all over the city.  There is just so much to see and take in Sensory overload!  Yet, the individual sense of style, expressed by so many in this amazing city, is probably what inspired me the most. I have included a couple of my favorite things below.  I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration!  
Thank you for stopping by.
xoxo Drena

Blessed Mother at Trinity Church


Warmer colours and a beautiful Laurence Amelie painting, downstairs at Shabby Chic Couture in SoHo


Shabby Chic Couture in Soho.  There were a lot more natural, rustic tones than in previous years.


Waterford Crystal Chandeliers at The St. Regis New York, the ultimate in opulence.


Best Champagne Truffles, hands down.  If you are ever in Rockefeller Plaza, you must stop in!


Window at Shabby Chic Couture in SoHo.  Love the purple velvet!


Glitzy window at Tiffany & Co.


Amazing mixture of art!  The ultimate faux painting


Still my favorite thing about Shabby Chic, the ability to create marshmallow beds.  I am in LOVE with the oversized pillow!


Waterford Crystal Chandeliers line the hallways at The St. Regis New York.  You can never have too many chandys!


Still a lot of squishy and white at Shabby Chic Couture SoHo. And LOTS of Florentine!


I adore Shabby Chic Fabrics.  So versatile to mix and match.


The St. Regis New York (as seen from the rooftop of The Pennisula Hotel) Love old New York Architecture


My living room on a gray afternoon


Pretty Little Things


Shabby Chic Couture SoHo, Spring '13


Simple blues, greens and whites for dinner table setting


St. Paul's Chapel, across from Ground Zero.  Pastels and chandeliers...


Some more Gatsby glamour in the windows at Tiffany & Co.


I feel so honored to have my home featured in these two beautiful magazines.  Really a dream come true <3


Such excitement when approaching this amazing city...


A gorgeous Italian Chandelier in Sophia's, Little Italy.


My mother-in-law made this pendant for me from 2 vintage beads (1920's art deco, Italian glass) I found in my garden.  Love wearing a little piece of history from my home. x

No comments:

Post a Comment